With my Dad's Birthday coming up, I started looking through pictures of me with my dad. To be honest, there are not very many. I think that my dad was usually the one taking the pictures! I First learned how to take pictures from my dad. I learned on his old Pentax manual camera. He bought me my first SLR (a pentax of course!) and I am now on my 4th or 5th Pentax. Since I could only find a couple of pictures of me and my dad, I decided to include a couple of pictures of my dad with his mom too.
This is one of my favorite pictures of my dad (and his guitar).
This is a picture of my sister and I reading with my dad.
Finally, Here is my very favorite picture of me with my dad.
Here are a few of the many reasons why I love my dad:
1. My dad is one of the wisest people that I know. He seems to know what to do in every situation. He taught me to choose my battles in life. I depend on him for advice.
2. My dad is a walking source of knowledge. If I have a question, whether it be about the scriptures, history or literature, I go to my dad for an answer (in essay format).
3. My dad has had a life full of health problems and adversity, yet is one of the most productive people that I know. When I feel tired and frustrated I often think that if my dad can write numerous books and be a professor at Stanford, then I can do great things too.
4. My dad is a great example of continual learning. His love of learning has been an inspiration to me throughout my life. When I think of my dad, I imagine him sitting in his chair reading. He is also is a self-taught guitarist. I cannot hear Eric Clapton without thinking of my dad playing the guitar every night while I was going to bed.
5. My dad has taught me to think for myself even when it is not popular. He has taught me by example to stand up for what I believe in.
6. My dad loves children and especially babies. If you look at his mission pictures, a lot of them include babies and children. Riley seems to have inherited this quality and I love that!
7. He is generous and thinks of others needs first. He doesn't know how much it costs to buy a pair of pants, but if one of his kids needs something, he finds a way to provide it.
8. My dad loves my mom and always stands up for her.
9. My dad is an AMAZING teacher! I have never looked forward to gospel doctrine until I heard my dad teach it.
9. My dad takes the time to get to know each one of his grandchildren. He spends time individually with them.
Here is what the kids had to say about Grandpa:
1. He’s very nice –Mia and Ella
2. He takes us to Deseret Book and lets us buy a book-Riley, Mia and Ella
3. He’s the best grandpa in the world-Mia and Ella
4. He loves us-Ella
5. He brings us cookies-Ella
6. He’s fun to be with-Mia
7. He plays with us-Riley
8. He gets out the playdoh for me-Ella
Here are a few of the many pictures of my dad with my kids. He really is a great grandpa!
Dad having fun with Riley.
Dad going down the slide with Mia at the Dennis the Menace playground.
Same Slide, another year!
Dad reading to Caroline and Mia.
Dad and the kids having a water fight!
Dad and Mia in the cave at the dinosaur museum. She was scared to get in so Grandpa took her in.
Digging for dinosaur bones!
Dad, Riley and Mia at the beach.
Dad and Riley going for a walk in the park.
Dad and Ella
Dad, I love you and I am so grateful for everything that you have taught me and everything that you have done to make my life better. You are amazing. I hope that you have a wonderful birthday!