Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The First Week of School









The school year has begun! Riley started third grade last week and Mia started Kindergarten today! Riley, was not too excited about going back. Whether he knows it or not he gets bored during the summer and he enjoys the routine of school (So do I). Riley seems to like his teacher so far too. As you can see from the pictures, Riley was not so excited about the first day of school pictures.

Mia is so excited about school. She had no problem leaving me today. I have mixed feelings about being away from her. She really needs school though. She is always making things and writing in little notebooks. I hope she continues to like it. She came home and said that she liked recess. She rode the bus home with Riley today. I was so happy when I saw them getting off the bus in one piece today.

So it is just Ella and I for half of the day. I think Ella is going to be a little bit bored. It has been nice to spend some one on one time with her though. Maybe I can teach her how to walk!!!

I took Mia to McDonald's today for lunch since it was her first day. Riley found out after school and so I said that he could choose where to go for dinner. Of course he chose Tepanyaki! Tepanyaki is the restaurant where they cook the food in front of you and it is rather expensive. Riley has expensive taste. We ended up bribing him with some Webkinz cards or something and we compromised with going to Wendy's.







1 comment:

Karen E. said...

What cute pictures! Riley doesn't look too happy, but he still looks adorable. And those pictures with all the boys are really neat. I love how Mia's backpack is bigger than she is!